Bring your message to life on your own t-shirt in our makerspace.
- We stock black and white vinyl transfer film. You may purchase it by the square inch. We charge 5 cents per square inch. You may also purchase your own at a craft store or online.
- You provide the t-shirt or sweatshirt. It is recommended that you use 100% cotton or a high percentage of cotton.
- Create your design with Silhouette Studio. This is installed on all of our public computers. The software is also freely available at https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/
- Use the paper trimmer to cut the roll of vinyl to your desired size.
- The Silhouette Cameo cutter is available in the makerspace. Please arrange initial training with Dave. Set the knife depth to ‘1’
- You will need an X-Acto knife or other tool to remove the portion of your design that will not be transferred to the shirt.
- You will also need an iron. Use a dry setting and gradually increase the temperature so that the vinyl adheres to the shirt but does not melt the clear plastic backing material.