Position Open 6/23/2017
A. Minimum age is 14 years with working papers.
• Fluency in English and strong communication skills
• Ability to lift, move, and transport library materials of varying sizes and weights
• High degree of organizational skill
• Ability to read labels with varying print sizes and to interpret the call numbers and letters correctly
• Ability to shelve materials quickly and accurately, with a minimum of supervision
II. General responsibilities and tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Shelving all types of library materials
• Reading the shelves for correct order and correcting arrangement
• Straightening items on shelves
• Bundling newspapers and magazines for recycling
• Assisting with other special projects from time to time
• Providing directions to patrons
• Demonstrates familiarity with library services and policies
III. Rate of compensation $8.44/ hour. Three days per week. Hours are flexible but should not exceed a total of 6 hours per week unless requested.
How to apply: Send a letter via e-mail to David Franz, Library Director
Please explain why you are interested in this job. Please reference any prior work/volunteer experience.
Hillsdale Free Public Library
509 Hillsdale Avenue
Hillsdale, NJ 07642